SCCL is looking for a Business Development Manager – Europe
SCCL is a manufacturer and marketer of veterinary biological grade colostrum. Supply from Netherlands, UK, Canada, USA is processed in Canada and marketed to 19 countries through distributors. SCCL seeks to optimize the use of real, whole colostrum to improve the rearing and health of bovine and ovine animals. SCCL is part of URUS, a family of businesses at the heart of the global dairy and beef industry. URUS are leaders with a relentless dedication to innovation, excellence, partnership, and growth. Our mission is to be successful by creating sustainable value for our cooperative members and clients. Our ambition is to build long term relationships with beef and dairy producers through innovative products, programs, and services.
The Business Development Manager Europe will be responsible for commercial development and sale of SCCL colostrum products into the animal health marketplace across Europe.
- Work with partners to identify market opportunities for company raw material/products with the goal of creating demand for our growing supply of European sourced colostrum.
- Develop identified opportunities
- Sell raw materials to customers with primary focus on European companies (may or may not have non-European export markets)
- Identify, develop, build, and manage customers and relationships for animal health including identifying distributors, private label partners, ecommerce channels, consultative sales partners
- Plan, organize and execute a sales strategy
- Develop contacts across the bovine and ovine animal health industry to include research, further manufacturing, product development, distribution, retail, etc.
- Partner with Regulatory, Marketing & Technical Vet services to create and develop effective customer focused sales materials and commercial literature
- In collaboration with the team plan and execute market development events
- Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the organization’s profits or share of the market.
- Participate in development of Colostrum products/presentations
- Utilize knowledge of animal health/nutrition and other markets to identify and create growth opportunities for additional colostrum products
- Participate in and contribute to long range planning with others that ensures revenue and market share growth
In order to be successful, the employee in this job will need to collaborate with a number of departments, work closely with and partner with a number of others in the our team. These departments include:
- Compliance & Regulatory
- Marketing – Communication Team
- Technical Veterinary Services
- Distributor/Client Sales team members
- B.S. or higher degree in Agriculture or Business
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales/marketing of value-added products preferred
- Excellent organization skills
- Motivated and able to influence others
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Business-orientated with focus on creating value for clients and staff
- Able to travel domestically and internationally 50% of time
- Home-office based
- Proven track record of implementing strategy for market development within agricultural Industries
For more information please contact:
Michael Chubb, Managing Director, The Saskatoon Colostrum Company Ltd in Saskatoon, Canada.
E: email@example.com, P: +1 306-249-9634, M: +1 306-612-1335
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Annejet Holtrop, HR Manager, URUS Europe BV in Feerwerd, The Netherlands.